The Re-Use Center for the Arts
njGreenRoom.org will enable businesses and individuals to offer unneeded items for donation to non-profit arts and cultural organizations and teaching artists. The site also makes it possible for participating arts organizations to share items with each other.
How does it work?
- New Jersey nonprofit arts and cultural organizations are all eligible to sign up for accounts on this easy-to-use site
- Participating account holders can post offers—including photos, descriptions and pick-up instructions for items ...
- ... or see what others are offering, and claim items for pick-up
- A built-in system will expedite claims and acknowledgements
- You can browse by donation type (paint, fabric, notebooks) or location (North, Central and South Jersey)
- After beta-testing among the NJTA membership, the first phase will launch in December 2012
- Non-profit arts organizations will be able to exchange supplies with each other, and individuals and vendors/businesses will be able to donate goods.
- During the initial phase of the program, non-New Jersey Theatre Alliance members pay $45 for 12 months
- Teaching artists affilliated with nonprofit cultural organizations will also have the opportunity to obtain items through their affilliated organization
- Non-members of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance will pay an annual fee of $75 to participate