All of us at the New Jersey Theatre Alliance hope that you, your family, friends and colleagues are well and safe. Please know that we are thinking of you and are here to support you. A list of resources that might be helpful can be found below.
The Alliance will be working with ArtPRIDE, the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and other statewide and regional organizations/agencies to determine effective ways for coordinated support. We will keep you posted as we learn more.
Resources on this page
- Contact us
- Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA)
- Guide to Navigating FEMA and SBA Disaster Aid for Cultural Institutions
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+)
- The Actors Fund
- American Institute for Conservation—Collections Emergency Response Team (AIC-CERT)
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
- NJ 2-1-1 Hurricane Response and Recovery
- Library of Congress
- National Trust for Historical Preservation
- NJ Business Action Center
- Cooperative Business Assistance Corporation
- UCEDC - A Non-Profit Economic Development Corp
- Power Company Contacts
- Statewide Hurricane Sandy Business Recovery Assistance
- Other New Jersey Resources
- Small Business Administration
Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA)
Residents and business owners who suffered damage due to Hurricane Sandy can begin applying for Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA). To register go to www.disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362 or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Saturday until further notice.Back to page navigation
Guide to Navigating FEMA and SBA Disaster Aid for Cultural Institutions
This website is meant as a general guide for cultural institutions seeking federal funding to aid in disaster response and recovery.Back to page navigation
Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+)
CERF+ (Craft Emergency Relief Fund + Artists’ Emergency Resources) along with its partners in the National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response are committed to providing and connected people to emergency relief.
- CERF+ Artists’ Relief Exchange: If you know an artist who needs help and/or if you can offer help (supplies, equipment, a place to stay or work, help in clean up, etc.), join in this Exchange.
- Emergency Response web page: A compilation of the most critical resources including tips on getting assistance from FEMA, a listing of arts sector emergency resources, and some of the most relevant parts of the Studio Protector Online Guide such as information about disaster assessment and salvage.
- CERF+’s disaster relief assistance: Grants up to $3,000 and interest-free loans up to $8,000 for any professional craft artist who has suffered significant losses.
The Actors Fund
The Fund is committed to assisting those who work in the performing arts.Back to page navigation
American Institute for Conservation—Collections Emergency Response Team (AIC-CERT)
The American Institute for Conservation, the national association of conservation professionals, is offering free emergency response assistance to cultural organizations with collections. AIC-CERT is supported and managed by the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC) and consists of a force of 107 “rapid responders” trained to assess damage and initiate salvage of cultural collections after a disaster has occurred. AIC-CERT volunteers have provided advice to dozens of museums, libraries, and archives and they remain ready to assist.
Resources and information on disaster recovery and salvage: www.conservation-us.org/disaster
Get advice or make an appointment, call the 24-hour assistance line: 202.661.8068Back to page navigation
NJ 2-1-1 Hurricane Response and Recovery
On this page and those linked to it you will find information about FEMA assistance and how to apply; clean-up resources and local recovery efforts.Back to page navigation
Library of Congress
Emergency Drying Procedures for Water Damaged Collections: http://www.loc.gov/preservation/care/dry.htmlBack to page navigation
National Trust for Historical Preservation
Preparation & Response for Cultural InstitutionsBack to page navigation
NJ Business Action Center
To support the recovery of New Jersey’s businesses and protect the overall economic interests of our state in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Governor Chris Christie and Lt. Governor Kim Guadagno have announced a series of business assistance services for those affected by the storm. Among these vital services are those related to financial support, information on temporary space, and technical assistance for impacted businesses. Learn more: www.nj.gov/njbusiness Call: 1.866.534.7789Back to page navigation
ArtsReady provides general and arts-specific preparedness guidance, information on response and recovery resources available to artists and arts organizations, and access to the broad ArtsReady network.
Learn more: http://www.artsready.org/
Call: 404.874.7244Back to page navigation
Cooperative Business Assistance Corporation
Cooperative Business Assistance Corporation (CBAC) is a nonprofit organization providing market or below market interest rate business loans and technical assistance to small businesses located in or moving into the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey region. http://www.cbaclenders.com/home.htmlBack to page navigation
UCEDC - A Non-Profit Economic Development Corp
UCEDC is an economic development corporation dedicated to providing a variety of services for small businesses including helping them get back to business as quickly as possible after a disaster. Their services include loans to small businesses when conventional lending sources are out of reach. Learn more: http://www.ucedc.com/ Call: 908.527.1166Back to page navigation
Power Company Contacts
- PSE&G: 1-800-436-7734, www.pseg.com/outagecenter , and @PSEGdelivers on Twitter
- JCP&L: 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) or 1-800-545-7738, www.jcp-l.com , and @JCP_L on Twitter
- AC Electric: 1-800-833-7476, www.atlanticcityelectric.com/home/emergency , and @ACElecConnect on Twitter
- Rockland Electric Company: 1-877-434-4100, www.oru.com , and @ORUConnect on Twitter
- SussexRural Electric Cooperative: 1-877-504-6463, www.sussexrec.com/outages.asp
- VinelandMunicipal Utilities: 1-856-794-4280, http://www.vinelandcity.org/Electric/VMEUsite
Statewide Hurricane Sandy Business Recovery Assistance
For Information on New Jersey's Business Assistance Services call the Business Action Center at 1-866-534-7789Back to page navigation