“I've lost count of the times that Actors Shakespeare Company could have crashed on the rocks without the New Jersey Theatre Alliance. The Alliance is a unique and valuable organization. Its unflagging dedication and service to all of the state’s theaters is a gift that our peers across the country can envy.”
This statement from Colette Rice, the Producing Artistic Director of Actors Shakespeare Company, demonstrates the critical role the New Jersey Theatre Alliance plays in the ongoing health and success of our member theatres. The support we provide for marketing, audience development, access, technology and management brings our member theatres that much closer to accomplishing their goals in service to their communities.
If you enjoy our audience services, please consider making a tax-deductible gift to help the Alliance continue to provide the programs and services that make a difference in in our communities, including:
- njArtsTix.org – the nation’s first online discount ticketing program;
- Bi-Annual Calendars – a comprehensive listing of our member theatres and their productions, mailed to more than 100,000 homes and organizations;
- The Stages Festival and Family Week at the Theatre – a month long celebration of theatre which includes more than 120 performances, workshops and classes – all at little or no cost – enabling all individuals to enjoy the magic of live theatre regardless of economic constraints or geographic barriers;
- Access Services – support and training that ensures that our theatres have the tools and resources to provide seniors and patrons with disabilities the opportunities to fully participate in programs and performances with dignity and independence, including a Closed Captioning Series and Audio Described Performances;
- Mini-grants, workshops, and networking opportunities that strengthen the capacity of both board and staff members of our theatres.
We feel strongly that the arts are an essential part of a complete civil society. As not-for-profit cultural organizations continue to be challenged by the economy – due in large part to reduced levels of funding from corporate, foundation and government sources - your support is more important than ever. We assure you that every gift – in any amount – is gratefully appreciated and will have an impact on our ability to serve New Jersey’s theatres, and the greater arts community.
You play an important role in keeping New Jersey’s theatre community alive and thriving. Thank you.
With sincerest appreciation,
Tom Muza Natalie Watson, Esq.
P.S. Did you know your gift could be worth twice as much? Check with your employer to see if they have a matching gift program.