2019 Premiere Play Festival accepting new play submissions!
From September 15, 2018 through December 15, 2018, Premiere Stages will accept submissions of unproduced plays written by playwrights affiliated with the greater metropolitan area. All plays submitted to the festival are evaluated by a panel of professional theatre producers, directors, dramaturgs, playwrights, and publishers. Four finalists are subsequently selected for public Equity readings in March 2019.
Following the Spring readings, one play is selected for an Equity production in the Premiere Stages 2019 Mainstage Season and receives an award of $2500. The runner-up receives a 29-hour staged reading and $1000. The two other finalists will each be awarded $750.
- Plays must be full-length and have a cast size of no more than eight.
- Plays must be unpublished and unproduced (readings and workshops are okay).
- Playwrights must have strong affiliations with the greater metropolitan area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Delaware).
- Musicals, adaptations (of existing plays or other sources), and solo shows are not eligible.
- Submissions are limited to one script per playwright.
- Please contact Premiere Stages to inquire about submitting a script that has been previously submitted to the Play Festival.
- Playwrights must be available for the development of their script (see 2019 schedule at right).
- Submissions are accepted September 15, 2018 through 11:59 p.m. on December 15, 2018.
- Submissions sent early in the submission window are strongly encouraged.
- All plays must be submitted as a PDF via email to email@example.com.
- Hard copies will not be accepted.
We accept script samples and synopses from playwrights without an agent.
Submissions must include:
- Brief synopsis of the play (no more than half a page).
- Character breakdown.
- History of the play’s development (if any).
- The playwright’s bio or resume.
- Script sample from the play (no more than 10 pages).
Premiere Stages will accept full scripts from literary agents or theatre professionals affiliated with Premiere Stages.