Passage Theatre Company is a nonprofit that was established in 1985. Our mission is to create and produce socially relevant new plays and arts programming that deeply resonate with and reflect our community. Through professional productions, educational programs, and community engagement, we present diverse perspectives and new voices that inspire audiences and invigorate the art of live theatre. Passage’s core values are inclusivity, community, and empathy. We are a member of the Actors’ Equity Association (AEA). Also, we are a member of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance and Theatre Philadelphia. Passage’s productions are produced inside the Mill Hill Playhouse located in Trenton, NJ.
Our staff consist of three full-time (Artistic Director, Managing Director, and Administrative Associate), with 10 Board members and three consultants which include bookkeeping, production management, and community engagement.
Visit our website for more details at www.passagetheatre.org.
To provide administrative support to Passage’s managing director and artistic director.
Nature of Work:
Reporting to the Managing Director and Artistic Director, this position exercises a high level of professionalism and organization while completing administrative tasks; support collaborations and problem solving; assist with relationships with donors, patrons,
community stakeholders, Board members, volunteers, consultants, and production artists. This is a high volume position and requires the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment, maintaining balance while meeting deadline is a must. We are a team of hard working and respectful individuals that enjoy collaboration, the ideal candidate must possess these qualities.
As the Administrative Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for the
- Coordinate general office, procedures, filing systems, and supplies;
- Coordinate and manage phone and in-person communication with patrons including subscribers, donors, volunteers and Board members;
- Assist with Board meetings and document preparation;
- Properly manage ticket and donor database records;
- Manage employee files, document tracking and scheduling;
- Coordinate strategic activities for interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate accounts receivable/payables, bank deposits and purchase orders;
- Assist with grant preparation and submission;
- Coordinate and manage digital and print correspondence and campaigns;
- Coordinate and manage press relations, website and social media;
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Administrative office, box office and the front of house at the Mill Hill Playhouse.
The ideal candidate for this position must be or have:
- Detail oriented, organized, neat and multitasker;
- Communicate effectively organizational policies and procedures
- Must have experience with database management. (Experience with Patron Manager/Sales Force’s ticketing and donor system a plus);
- Minimal desktop publishing or design skills a plus;
- Experience with scheduling;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with WordPress and web maintenance;
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher); and
- A car with a valid driver’s license.
A Bachelors degree, or equivalent; expertise in arts administration a plus.
Must have prior work experience or training in arts administration.
Full-Time (may include evenings and weekends)
$25,000 - $30,000 (Health benefits offered)
Submit cover letter, resume and references to Damion Parran at firstname.lastname@example.org.