At New Jersey Theatre Alliance, diversity and inclusion are core values. We continue to build a more inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our staff and membership. Diversity of experience fuels our creativity and connects us closer to our members and the audiences we serve. The Alliance supports equal employment opportunity in hiring, development, and advancement for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
This position joins a team of mission-driven individuals dedicated to promoting and strengthening professional theatre in the State of New Jersey. This is a part-time administrative support position responsible for the upkeep of data, correspondence, calendars, and files that make it possible for the organization to fulfill our organizational goals. While New Jersey Theatre Alliance is moving to a primarily a remote work environment in the fall, the person in this position will attend 3-4 in-person meetings a month at various locations throughout the state. Comfort with digital filing, email communication, and video conferencing are essential, along with proficiency with Microsoft office tools, Gmail, and Google Calendars. Experience with Salesforce or a similar database system is strongly desired. This is a 20 hour/week position, paid at $20/hour. Days and times of work are negotiable and flexible depending on scheduled events and meetings.
- Maintain Salesforce database of contact and donation information, run reports and mailing lists as needed.
- Maintain digital files of donation and other records.
- Schedule and confirm registration for selected meetings.
- Coordinate printed materials for board meeting and other in person meetings as required. Arrange hospitality/catering for in person gatherings.
- Support and attend annual events such as Curtain Call event and CAN awards by coordinating invitations, tracking RSVPs, creating seating cards, processing donations, and other administrative support.
- Process mailings for event invitations, annual fund campaign letters, holiday cards, and other direct mail projects
- Monitor the Info@njtheatralliance.org email address and respond or redirect in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Serve as point person for the corporate partner ticketing program by responding to requests, purchasing tickets and reconciling payments
- Support Executive Director in reconciling Credit Card purchases, PayPal/Stripe donations, and travel reimbursements.
- Excellent, clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed work style with strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to create, improve, and implement workflow systems including record keeping, correspondence, information tracking, and calendar maintenance.
- Interest in and commitment to our mission of serving professional theatres in New Jersey.
- Proficiency with excel, word, gmail, google calendars, doodle, and Zoom
- Familiarity with Surveymonkey (or similar platform) MailChimp (or similar), salesforce or other CRM/Database system.
- Proficiency/experience with Salesforce is a strong plus.
New Jersey Theatre Alliance will be operating remotely while the state maintains a shelter in place order. We plan to transition to a permanently remote office in the fall, after spending some time in the office this summer to prepare for that transition. The person in this position will need the ability to work remotely most of the time and to travel to in-person meetings throughout the state 3-4 times per month. Mileage is reimbursed; a percentage of cell phone and home internet will be reimbursed for work at home; computer and printer will be provided if needed. This position will offer opportunities to learn about and participate in other areas of the organization such as development/fundraising, program coordination, cultural access, and marketing as time and interest dictate.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resumé, a list of three references, and one writing sample to Erica Nagel, Deputy Director. Please submit your materials, in Word or PDF only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Administrative Coordinator: [the applicant’s name]”. No phone calls please.