Eagle Theatre Seeks Part Time Artistic Associate
Deadline to apply: November 22
Eagle Theatre (Hammonton, NJ) is seeking candidates for a new position: Artistic Associate. This position will be a part-time 20-25/hours a week. When working on-site, the employee will be expected to abide by Eagle Theatre’s COVID-19 policies as well as abide by NJ Government Workplace Protections.
Eagle Theatre recruits, employs, trains and compensates all employees equitably regardless of race, religion, skin color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. Applicants of all racial backgrounds, religions, gender identities, national origins, and physical abilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
This position will report to our Producing Artistic Director, Angela Longo, and assist in managing our Conservatory programming and providing clerical support for the artistic staff. This position will also be responsible for engaging in community outreach and developing relationships with beneficial partners for Eagle Theatre.
Eagle Theatre is dedicated to telling meaningful stories through innovative, dynamic, and professional productions that advance the experience of live theatre on our mainstage, in our community engagement, and educational opportunities. The Artistic Associate will be responsible for upholding this commitment alongside the rest of Eagle Theatre’s staff and Board.
Ideally the candidate will be proficient or show strong promise in the following areas:
- Arts Education
- Passion for theatre and knowledge of a diverse range of plays and musicals
- Knowledge of Actors Equity Association’s Small Professional Theatre (SPT) guidelines
- Incorporation of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racist practice into their work
- Excellent written, verbal, communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Data management
- Develop programming and scheduling of Conservatory staff
- Serve as a point person for Conservatory parents and participants
- Community engagement/development- looking for opportunities to connect and engage with a wide range of communities
- Serve as a point person for Staged Reading Series
- Assist in managing auditions
- Job postings, assembling production teams
- Assist in helping coordinate community wide events in Hammonton, Third Thursday, New Jersey Fringe Festival and the annual Food Truck Festival
- Read scripts and provide dramaturgical assistance
- Ensure equitable, inclusive and accessible practices from auditions through production
- Review artist contracts
- Attend productions and events
- Represent Eagle Theatre
- Review rehearsal reports
- Communicate with Producing Artistic Director, Teaching Staff, Technical Director/Production Manager
- Collaborate on the development of rehearsal and production procedures and policies
- Collaborate on the development of Handbooks and Welcome Packets
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend monthly EDI/Antiracism Meetings
Familiarity with Google Drive, Salesforce/Patron Manager, and a knowledge or experience working with Actor's Equity Association is a plus. A passion for collaboration, the sustainability of the Eagle Theatre and equitable practices is integral to this position. Ability to adapt, innovate, and be creative is important. A desire to collaborate and work in a positive team environment is essential.
While this position has increased work-from-home/remote flexibility due to the pandemic, we are seeking local applicants at this time. Eagle Theatre intends to produce in person productions following all CDC and AEA guidelines by Spring of 2022.
Eagle Theatre is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Eagle Theatre Staff and Board are committed to equity and accessibility and establishing ourselves as an Anti-Racist organization.
Eagle Theatre is a Non-Profit 501, (c)(3) organization and is an Equity Theatre, designated as a SPT (Small Professional Theatre)
Producing Artistic Director, Angela Longo firstname.lastname@example.org
Eagle Theatre is located at 208 Vine Street, Hammonton NJ 08037
Payment/Benefits: The Artistic Associate position is considered part-time (20-25 hours/week). Annual salary will be commensurate with experience at $25,000 to $28,000 (approx. $21-$24 p/hr). Part-time employees will receive holiday pay appropriate to their weekly hours, but at this time, we do not offer additional healthcare/PTO benefits to part-time employees. Eagle Theatre offers a flexible and understanding working environment for employees.
Please email the following attachments to: email@example.com by November 22, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, beginning as early as October 29.
- In the email subject line please include (FULL NAME, Artistic Associate)
- A cover letter expressing your interest, experiences, and your personal artistic mission/vision.
- Resume: If you have multiple resumes, ie: Design, administration, please feel free to include multiple or what you think is most relevant.