Associate Director of Marketing
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Two River Theater, Red Bank
The Associate Director of Marketing reports to and works alongside the Director of Marketing to manage the day-to-day efforts of the marketing department. Key responsibilities include: staff management, creating marketing campaigns for a 6-8 show season, supporting the generation of all earned revenues and spearheading the theater’s audience development initiatives. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with Two River’s core values, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assist in managing full-time Digital Marketing Manager and Institutional Marketing Manager.
- Directly supervise three freelance staff positions: Graphic Designer, Community Relations Manager and Press Representative.
- Create and manage marketing plans for a 6-8 show theatrical season. Work closely with the Institutional Marketing Manager to provide support to development and education departments for marketing of fundraising events and campaigns, summer theater camp and other institutional initiatives.
- Provide leadership and logistical support for special projects as needed.
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
Advertising and Marketing Collateral
- Oversee the design, printing, mailing, and distribution of all marketing and institutional collateral (e.g. playbills, postcards, posters, and print ads). Must ensure all collateral is always up to date.
- Secure and manage advertising placements by working closely with representatives across various media. Placements include, but are not limited to: newspapers, magazines, TV, radio, etc. Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager to secure digital placements through Google, social and more.
Audience Engagement and Community Outreach
- Oversee the theater’s Inside Two River audience development program: a series of 40+ annual in-person and digital events such as poetry nights, film screenings, community events and more to generate interest in the theater’s productions and artists. Specific duties include event planning, bolstering attendance, on-site or Zoom hosting logistics, representing the theater as a host of the event, survey distribution, and more.
- Serve as a liaison to the Greater Red Bank and New Jersey Arts Communities by attending meetings conferences, and events hosted by affiliated service organizations such as: Theater Communications Group, New Jersey Theatre Alliance, Discover Jersey Arts, Monmouth County Arts Council and Red Bank RiverCenter.
Data and Reporting
- Compile and format detailed demographic, sales trend and survey reports. Create strategies & benchmarks for measuring ROI and engagement impact of marketing efforts.
- Monitor sales trends and take initiative in creating solutions for reversing negative trends.
- Manage online cooperative list database in conjunction with Box Office Manager.
- Track all marketing expenses and coordinate vendor payments.
- 5+ years of professional marketing experience.
- A proven track record in creating and executing campaigns that generate sales and maximize return on investment.
- Ability to create all content with a voice in-line with the mission of the institution and by following brand guidelines.
- Exhibit a high degree of organization, attention to detail, ability to work cross departmentally and manage deadlines.
- Positive can-do attitude; ability to lead a project from conception to completion with no task being too large or small to accomplish.
- Outgoing personality and comfortable with public speaking; ability to represent the theater at events.
- Ability to work on select weekday evenings and weekends required.
- Proof of full COVID Vaccination
Compensation: Salary range $55,000-$59,000. Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal time and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting) and resume to Courtney Schroeder, Director of Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Associate Director of Marketing