Associate Producing/Artistic Director
Eagle Theatre (Hammonton, NJ) is seeking candidates for a new position, Associate Producing/Artistic Director. In 2021, this position will be a part-time role, with the potential to grow into a full-time position. When working on-site, the employee will be expected to abide by Eagle Theatre’s COVID-19 policies as well as abide by NJ Government Workplace Protections.
Eagle Theatre recruits, employs, trains and compensates all employees equitably regardless of race, religion, skin color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. Applicants of all racial backgrounds, religions, gender identities, national origins, and physical abilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
This position will report to our Producing Executive Director, Angela Longo, and collaborate on season planning, casting, assembling production teams, reading scripts, suggesting titles and productions, and overseeing all artistic aspects of production. Generally, this candidate would direct at least one production per Season.
Eagle Theatre is dedicated to telling meaningful stories through innovative, dynamic, and professional productions that advance the experience of live theatre on our mainstage, in our community engagement, and educational opportunities. The Associate Producing/Artistic Director will be responsible for upholding this commitment alongside the rest of Eagle Theatre’s staff and Board.
Ideally the candidate will be proficient or show strong promise in the following areas:
- Strong Artistic/Creative Vision
- Arts Education
- Knowledge of Actors Equity Association’s Small Professional Theatre (SPT) guidelines
- Incorporation of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racist practice into their work
- Excellent written, verbal, communication skills
- Event Planning
- Knowledge of technical theatre/modern innovations and practices is a plus
- Facilitate and imagine a year-long Season
- Coordinate assembling production teams
- Assist in helping coordinate community wide events in Hammonton (Third Thursday, New Jersey Fringe Festival (which may be significantly different in the year 2021 due to the Pandemic)
- Oversee production in terms of safety, quality, cultural competency
- Ensure equitable, inclusive and accessible practices from auditions through production
- Review artist contracts
- Attend productions and events
- Represent Eagle Theatre
- Communicate with AEA representatives
- Communicate with rights and royalties representatives
- Review rehearsal reports
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of artists
- Communicate with Producing Executive Director, Teaching Staff, Production Manager
- Collaborate on the development of rehearsal and production procedures and policies
- Collaborate on the development of Handbooks and Welcome Packets
- Collaborate on facilitating auditions and production calendar
- Collaborate with marketing visions for productions
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Oversee production budgets
Familiarity with Google Drive, Salesforce/Patron Manager, and a knowledge or experience working with Actor's Equity Association is a plus. A passion for collaboration, the sustainability of the Eagle Theatre and equitable practices is integral to this position. Ability to adapt, innovate, be creative, is important. A desire to collaborate and work in a positive team environment is essential.
This position is flexible during the pandemic in terms of the ability to work remotely. A private office area is available. Eagle Theatre intends to conduct outdoor productions in Spring of 2021 as well as virtual productions and hopes to invite audiences back indoors by December of 2021 or early 2022, as we monitor public health concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Eagle Theatre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Eagle Theatre Staff and Board are committed to equity and establishing ourselves as an Anti-Racist organization.
The Eagle Theatre is a Non-Profit 501, (c)(3) organization and is an Equity Theatre, designated as a SPT (Small Professional Theatre)
Producing Executive Director, Angela Longo email@example.com
Eagle Theatre is located at 208 Vine Street, Hammonton NJ 08037
Payment/Benefits: The Associate Producing/Artistic Director position will initially be considered part-time (20-25 hours/week) with the potential to develop into a full-time position in the future. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience and based on COVID-19 indoor performance restriction schedule, with a range of $25,000 to $28,000. Healthcare Reimbursement Agreements (HRAs) can be drafted for interested applicants. At this time, we do not offer additional benefits. Eagle Theatre offers a flexible and understanding working environment for employees.
Please email the following attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, beginning as early as March 5. A committee including the Producing Executive Director, a Board member and a non-affiliated theatre practitioner will review and be present for interviews of applicants.
- In the email subject line please include (FULL NAME, Associate Producing/Artistic Director)
- A cover letter expressing your interest, experiences, and your personal artistic mission/vision
- Resume: If you have multiple resumes, ie: Design, administration, please feel free to include multiple or what you think is most relevant.