Audience Services Manager South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC)
The South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) is an award-winning regional arts center that presents innovative artistic and educational cultural experiences through music, theater, dance,comedy, and family performances in an intimate and welcoming environment.
SOPAC is located in downtown South Orange next to the NJ Transit train station, and includes a 439-seat theater, a Loft space for classes, parties; performances, and a multi-screen cinema. More information about SOPAC can be found at www.SOPACnow.org
SOPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). SOPAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Employment Opportunity: Audience Services Manager (Full-time)
Providing excellent customer service is a central value of the organization, which, coupled with the intimate performance space, is what makes SOPAC special. The Audience Services Manager will oversee patron communications and ticket sales, manage an active volunteer program, is responsible for building events in the ticketing system, and providing detailed financial and patron reports. The Audience Services Manager is responsible for overseeing Front of House operations during performances to ensure a positive patron experience at the Center. The Audience Services Manager reports to the Director of Audience Services.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with building SOPAC-presented and rental events in the ticketing system and manage
all associated promotion/coupon codes.
- Resolve ticketing issues and address customer concerns.
- Effectively navigate Patron Manager ticketing software—troubleshooting, ticket returns, etc.
- Oversee the proper functioning of the ticketing software, credit card software, and web sales facilitating troubleshooting as well as scheduled updates.
- Oversee Front of House operations during performances including providing support for the bar, merchandise sales, and the Box Office.
- Manage Box Office staff at performances and answer questions about SOPAC policies and
- Reconcile merchandise and concessions before and after performances.
- Assist other departments as needed including creating reports and discounts codes for the marketing department, running reports for the development department, and processing comp ticket requests.
- Create pre-show emails and post-show surveys and distribute post-show surveys in Survey Monkey. Aggregate information from surveys.
- Create and maintain sales reporting and metrics for organization.
- Volunteer coordination; includes recruitment, training, scheduling, and managing rewards
- Maintain all rules and regulations – including those related to SOPAC policies; procedures, audience safety and compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Impeccable customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Required evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
- Extensive experience in a Box Office, Front of House or hospitality management setting with knowledge of ticketing/booking software.
- Experience with Patron Manager ticketing software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications. (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Statistical background and/or survey analysis experience.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
- Cash handling experience.
Covid-19 Precautions: Selected candidates will be invited to participate in a remote interview and selection process. The hired candidate may work on a hybrid remote/in-person schedule to be determined by SOPAC’s needs and after a primarily in-person training period over the course of the first 3 months of employment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required. Currently, most staff are on a hybrid remote/in-person schedule and all staff meetings are held virtually. Office policies and procedures are in place to sanitize and clean shared surfaces.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Hours may be adjusted, with approval, when attendance at evening/weekend events at SOPAC or in the community is required.
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary, based on experience with additional benefits that include paid time off, health insurance and 403(b) contribution.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audience Services Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. If your application fits our needs, you will be contacted for an interview.
A complete application must include a cover letter, résumé, and references.