Eagle Theatre Bookkeeper Job Description
DUTIES: The bookkeeper position for Eagle Theatre is a part time position that reports to Eagle Theatre’s Managing Director and provides regular updates to Eagle Theatre’s board of directors.
CONTRACT PERIOD AND COMPENSATION: As a part time, W-2 Employee, this position is compensated at 20 hours a week and paid an hourly rate of $20/hour. No additional benefits are allotted for part time employees at this time.
This position may work some hours from home/remote but cannot be entirely remote.
Eagle Theatre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Eagle Theatre Staff and Board are committed to equity and establishing ourselves as an Anti-Racist organization.
The Eagle Theatre is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) organization and is an Equity Theatre, designated as a SPT (Small Professional Theatre)
- Strong accounting and/or financial background
- Experience working in or for non-profits or willingness to learn
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Passion for theatre and performing arts
- Flexible and willing to adapt during transitional period (pandemic conditions, plus working with new leadership and staff)
- Experience with Google Drive, Excel, and comfortable with new technology
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with Patron Manager (or equivalent softwares) a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge or familiarity of Actor’s Equity Association rules or willingness to learn
- Monitor expenditures, income and cash flow utilizing QuickBooks accounting software;
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable for the organization;
- Reconcile bank accounts and keep records of transactions on-site and digitally;
- Provide financial reports and snapshots regularly for the board and other stakeholders
- Go to the post office, open and sort mail.
- Prepare and bring deposits to the bank.
- Recording deposits in Quickbooks and Patron Manager
- Prepare deposit slips
- Copy and Scan both deposit slip and check(s) – scan into appropriate folders in Google Drive and keep hard copies.
- Obtain daily deposit reports from Stripe and/or Patron.
- Manage and maintain employee and contractor files
- Assist with keeping records for grants – copies of checks and bills so they are easily accessible.
Please email the following attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. A committee including the Producing Artistic Director, a Board member and a non-affiliated theatre practitioner will review and be present for interviews of applicants.
- In the email subject line please include (FULL NAME,BOOKKEEPER)
- A cover letter expressing your interest, experiences, and your personal/professional mission/vision
- Please label all attachments with (FULL NAME, COVER LETTER) or (FULL NAME, RESUME)
Eagle Theatre is located at 208 Vine Street, Hammonton NJ 08037 | PO Box 388