Box Office Manager - Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey seeks a customer service-oriented, tech-savvy, experienced Box Office Manager. Responsibilities include -- supervising/managing the patron service staff; managing subscription, single ticket, groups and student matinee sales; and reporting for marketing, development. Candidates should have previous box office, sales and staff management experience, ticketing software knowledge, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, good writing and verbal skills, the ability to work under pressure, and a friendly demeanor. Previous experience with Theatre Manager ticket system is a plus. The Shakespeare Theatre operates a 308-seat Main Stage and 400-seat Outdoor Stage venue, and provides ticketing services for outside organizations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience working in a ticket office and/or with ticketing software
- Working knowledge of Theater Manager is a plus
- Strong customer service communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The Box Office Manager is a full-time, year-round employee, with an annual salary of $35,000. Additional benefits include:
- Compensated vacation, sick, personal and bereavement days
- Group Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (60% Employer funded)
- Free Life Insurance
- A 403(B) Retirement Fund, including an employer contribution and match (After two-year waiting period)
- Complimentary tickets to select theaters throughout the State of New Jersey
- Employer investment in continued professional development
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce, and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references including email and phone number to: RWorshinski@ShakespeareNJ.org – No phone calls, please.