Company Manager- Bucks County Playhouse
Bucks County Playhouse in New Hope, PA is in search of a full-time Company Manager. The Playhouse has become one of the leading regional theaters on the East Coast and is the largest arts organization in Bucks County. BCP presents a year-round schedule of six to nine original productions featuring stars of stage and screen, and twenty-five plus visiting artists presentations. Its two-acre campus includes the historic playhouse, an outdoor courtyard café, waterfall picnic area, river promenade, and its restaurant/bar, The Deck. Bucks County Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an equitable, diverse and harassment-free environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate General Manager, the Company Manager plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the theater. This is a demanding position that requires a driven and passionate professional with razor sharp focus and attention to detail. This position is full-time and requires nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as a primary liaison in attending to the needs and requirements of cast, crew and creatives
- Arranging housing, travel/transportation, and shipping needs for cast and production personnel
- Attending to all day-to-day travel/transportation arrangements, housing, and hospitality needs
- Arranging transportation for personnel to medical and other appointments, or local errands as required
- Maintaining network of medical professionals
- Scheduling cleaning and maintenance as necessary for housing
- Maintaining records of travel, housing, hospitality and parking
- Processing all ticket requests from actors, stage managers, creative teams
- Assisting with weekly artist payroll
- Assisting the Marketing Team with press events where the cast & creative teams are involved
- Representing the Playhouse management team at rehearsals and performances
- Supervising company management intern (when staffed)
- Serving as Covid Compliance Officer (training provided)
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, and work independently as well as with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to be flexible and adaptable in an ever-evolving environment
- Pleasant and professional demeaner, with ability to inspire others to follow company policies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Prior Company Management experience preferred
- All candidates must have a valid driver’s license
- Access to a car is a required
Status &Compensation: Full-time exempt; Nights and weekend schedule based around performance schedule; Salary under $50k; Health benefits available, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Employee discounts available.
Interested candidates should send a resume as well as a written, audio or visual statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Company Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.