Company Manager/ Infectious Control Specialist
Position Hours: 12 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $30.00 per hour
Location: Trenton, NJ
Duration: February 22, 2021 – March 13, 2021
Start Date: Immediately
Background: Passage Theatre Company is a nonprofit that was established in 1985. Our mission is to create and produce socially relevant new plays and arts programming that deeply resonate with and reflect our community. Through professional productions, educational programs, and community engagement, we present diverse perspectives and new voices that inspire audiences and invigorate the art of live theatre. Passage’s core values are inclusivity, community, and empathy. We are a member of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance and Theatre Philadelphia. Passage Theatre presents its productions in the Mill Hill Playhouse located in Trenton, NJ.
Our staff consists of three (3) full-time individuals: Artistic Director, Managing Director and Production Manager, one (1) part-time Administrative Associate with 15 Board members and three (3) consultants that include a bookkeeper, grant writer, and community engagement coordinator. Passage Theatre produces its productions through an agreement with Actors’ Equity Association (AEA), the union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Visit our website for more details at www.passagetheatre.org.
Primary Purpose: To safely and effectively coordinate artistic personnel logistics for a one-day in-person film shoot, without an audience, of our Theatre for Families and Young Audiences online presentation of Surely Goodness and Mercy by Chisa Hutchinson, and to ensure the safe implementation of all COVID-19 safety guidelines provided by Passage Theatre and Actors Equity Association (AEA), while protecting the health of ALL involved.
Nature of Work: Reporting to Passage Theatre’s Production Manager, this position exercises a high level of professionalism while organizing logistics to safely gather up to 10 artistic personnel (two children actors, one adult actor, director, stage manager, designer, and two film crew) for an in-person film shoot on March 13, 2021.
As the Company Manager/ Infectious Control Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
● Successfully complete AEA’s Infectious Control Specialist (ICS) online training, and receive the appropriate documentation from AEA’s Health Education Services, certifying you as an approved COVID-19 Compliance Officer.
● Enforce COVID-19 policies and procedures by training the artistic personnel prior to in-person filming, to ensure the full company adheres to social distancing, reduced occupancy limits in spaces, testing, symptom monitoring, cleaning, disinfecting, and PPE usage as stipulated by AEA, CDC, and the NJ State Health Department.
● Coordinate and monitor COVID-19 Testing for up to 10 artistic personnel based on a prescribed schedule outlined by AEA.
● Conduct daily temperature checks and health assessments of all on-site artistic personnel.
● Organize the purchase of PPE materials in collaboration with the Production Manager needed in advance of the in-person filming.
● Coordinate COVID-19 safe roundtrip transportation from home to the filming location for actors, director, stage manager, and designer on the day of filming.
● Prepare and supervise all spaces used by artistic personnel including, but not limited to restrooms, lunch areas, dressing areas, and rest areas.
● Plan and coordinate individually wrapped hospitality meals and snacks on the day of filming.
● Provide Passage with a written report within 72 hours of the in-person filming that outlines the steps taken to adhere to ALL of Passage Theatre AEA’s COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Skills: The ideal candidate for this position must be or have:
1. First aid, medical, or safety certification preferred;
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
3. Detail-oriented, organized, neat and multitasker;
4. Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher); and Google Email and Drive software;
5. A valid driver’s license and a multi-passenger vehicle are preferred.
Education: A Bachelor's degree, and/or theatre management or arts administration experience.
Experience: Must have at least two (2) years of professional experience.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Damion Parran (Managing Director) at