DANCE NEW JERSEY SEEKING DIRECTOR OF DANCE EDUCATION
The statewide non-profit dance and dance education service organization Dance New Jersey (DNJ) seeks a Director of Dance Education responsible for day-to-day management and administrative oversight of the organization’s educational programs. Position requires skills as a leader, organizer, and administrator to implement DNJ programming and initiatives, and requires a broad understanding and experience of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access (DEIA) within the classroom setting. DNJ employees work remotely, therefore applicants will need access to high speed internet. Travel throughout NJ may be required for select in-person events and meetings.
- Manage, organize and provide grant assistance to Dance To Learn participating companies, ensembles and teaching artists that has DEIA at the forefront of the program.
- Manage and grow DNJ’s partnerships, programs, and advocacy efforts in K-12 dance education with state and national education organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Managing Director to administer and grow educational programs and professional development offerings.
- A bachelor’s degree in Dance or Dance Education preferred or significant dance teaching experience
- Strong background in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access (DEIA)
- Experience in non-profit arts administration or programming management
- Deep commitment to arts education
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, communications, program development, and task facilitation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Leadership ability to oversee programming and collaborate with staff
COMPENSATION AND START DATE: The search for the Director of Dance Education is led by the Executive Board of Dance New Jersey. Deadline for inquiries is December 1, 2021. Dance New Jersey plans to make its decision by December 20, 2021 with the successful candidate in place by January 10, 2022. Working 14 hours per week with flexible scheduling, the salary is $16,000 annually for 2 years with possible renewal.
Dance New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To be considered for this position, please email DNJ Executive Director Erin Carlisle Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- cover letter (no more than 1½ pages)
- current résumé
- diversity statement that includes potential for (or a record of) contributing to DEIA in your work experience
- three professional references
After submitting all materials via email applicants will receive a confirmation email. For questions, please contact Erin at email@example.com or DNJ at 973-222-8844.