Digital Marketing Manager
Seeking an extremely creative and strategic marketer to oversee Two River Theater’s digital platforms and campaigns through email, social media, website, online advertising and more. The Digital Marketing Manager is part of a four-person marketing department and works as part of the team to develop, support and manage dynamic and ever changing initiatives to support the work of Two River Theater. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Marketing.
About Two River Theater
Two River Theater is a non-profit organization located in the vibrant Jersey Shore community of Red Bank NJ. Two River is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 6+ theatrical productions each year (over 150 annual performances of world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences), 50+ annual audience engagement/community events and 15+ plus annual venue rentals, Two River serves an audience of approximately 50,000 annually. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
We create great American theater by developing and producing new works and world masterpieces that most richly direct our gaze to the life of the human spirit. We cultivate an audience that cherishes the intimate joy of theater, enriched when shared by a community of others.
Artistic Excellence: We nurture and challenge the visions of adventurous theater artists. Our commitment to the artistic process is sustained over time through an investment in people, their creative process, and our dedication to the highest artistic standards.
Education and Community Engagement: We make our theater a welcoming resource for all. We create engagement programs and partnerships that encourage all voices to come together in conversation around the stories we tell. We invest in the next generation of artists and audiences by introducing students and lifelong learners to the possibility and adventure that theater brings to our lives.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We believe that the essence of theater is democratic: it invites us to encounter, consider and perhaps adopt other points of view, if only for a brief time in a darkened theater. We aspire to build an environment in which artists, audiences, employees, and Board members from different backgrounds and experiences together form an institution that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Operational Excellence: We dedicate ourselves to the highest standards in our governance, management, operational, and financial practices. We are committed to developing and retaining an experienced and accomplished staff, an engaged and informed Board of Trustees, and a working environment that attracts staff, volunteers, and artists of the highest caliber.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with Two River’s core values, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Oversee the strategy, content creation, implementation and reporting of email, social media, video, website and SEO.
- Act as the Two River Theater liaison for digital marketing firms and creative freelancers including: digital ad agencies, website developers, videographers and photographers.
- Create and share all multimedia according to union media guidelines.
- Ensure all campaigns are delivered on time and on budget.
- Strategize, design and manage cross-departmental emails, including newsletters, automation/lead nurturing campaigns and more.
- Implement best practices to optimize email open and click-through rates, ROI and list growth.
- Work across departments to manage social media calendar and oversee content submission/creation, posting and engagement. Current platforms include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Develop organic and paid campaigns to support all facets of the business, including theatrical productions, special events, education classes and fundraising initiatives.
- Share live content from Inside Two River Events, the rehearsal room & more.
- Monitor and engage with followers through comments and direct messages.
- Ability to tie Two River related content within trending social media conversations and topics.
- Oversee the creation of all promotional videos, including show teasers and trailers from conception and storyboarding to completion
- Manage day-to-day upkeep of the theater’s WordPress website, including updating text, links, photos, embedded videos, uploading documents and forms.
- Push all events live to the website through Spektrix CRM system integration.
- Work with Two River’s website design firm, Substrakt, to continue implementing new and improved layout and functionality features across the site.
- Act as Two River’s liaison to Substrakt for all website needs across Two River Departments.
Digital Programming Support
- Experience and ability to execute digital programming launches and live events hosted on Zoom, YouTube, Facebook Live, Vimeo and other online media players and platforms.
- Support various departments in digital programming by collaborating and strategizing project timelines, designs and resources which inform presentation on public platforms and overall patron experience.
- Ability to create all content with a voice in-line with the mission of the institution and by following brand guidelines.
- Proficiency in Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Adobe Creative Suite, iMovie, WordPress and CMS.
- A high degree of organization, attention to detail, ability to work cross departmentally and manage deadlines.
- Positive can-do attitude; ability to lead a project from conception to completion with no task being too large or small to accomplish.
- Ability to work on select weekday evenings and weekends required.
Compensation: Salary range $42,000 - $48,000. Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal time and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting), detailed resume, list of 2-3 references and multimedia work samples to Courtney Schroeder, Director of Marketing at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Digital Marketing Manager