Digital Media and Content Coordinator
Paper Mill Playhouse, winner of the Regional Theatre Tony Award is seeking an extremely creative digital storyteller and strategic online marketer to develop, implement, track and optimize all of the theater's digital campaigns. This is a full-time position within the marketing and communications department, and reports to Paper Mill Playhouse’s Director of Press and Public Relations.
About Paper Mill Playhouse
For 80 seasons, Paper Mill Playhouse welcomes more than 200,000 visitors each year to more than 180 mainstage performances, 70 audience enrichment and access programs, 150 education classes, outreach programs, and shows for young audiences. Premiering and transferring Newsies, Bandstand and A Bronx Tale to Broadway, as well as launching national tours of Little House on the Prairie, The Bodyguard, and the 25th Anniversary Production of Les Misérables, has recently further galvanized Paper Mill Playhouse as a leading incubator of new musicals. Receipt of the 2016 Regional Theatre Tony Award speaks to the success of the artistic accomplishments of the last decade.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Content Management and Creation
• The Digital Media and Content Coordinator will work with other marketing and public relations teame to create and/or manage the creation of, appropriate content for the theater’s website, e-blasts, social media and other marketing efforts.
• Create and maintain a photo and video library of Paper Mill Playhouse mainstage productions, education programs and special events.
• Produce multimedia content to engage consumers on multiple platforms including, but not limited to: video, podcasts, blogs, articles and social media presentations.
• Work with Paper Mill’s Director of Press and Public Relations to coordinate the creation of all promotional videos, including show footage (b-roll) from conception and storyboarding to completion.
• Work with Paper Mill’s Director of Press and Public Relations to create exciting social media content with a connection to the mission of the institution that will generate high levels of engagement. Current Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
• Work with partner agencies to implement strategic Facebook Ad campaigns to drive attendance, revenues and promote Paper Mill's theatrical productions, special events, education classes, fundraising initiatives, news and more.
• Ability to tie Paper Mill Playhouse related content within trending social media conversations and topics.
• Respond appropriately to consumers reaching out to the theater on social media networks in a timely matter.
• Provide analytical data to support new and ongoing campaigns for optimal ROI.
• Work with Paper Mill’s marketing and Information Technology team to assist with day-to-day upkeep of the theater's desktop and mobile websites, including updating text, links, photos, embedded videos, uploading documents and forms, and more.
• Monitor Paper Mill’s search engine optimization and google ranking to ensure the best possible placement in search engines.
Reporting to the Director of Press and Public Relations, the Digital Media and Content Coordinator works directly with nearly every department. Serious candidates should have 1-2 years of experience in an arts-related industry managing social media and content creation.
• Has a passion for theater.
• Highly creative with a proven track record in creating and executing multimedia campaigns that meet or exceed sales goals, while reaching high levels of engagement.
• Must be comfortable managing ad budgets for all multimedia projects and ad campaigns, tracking performance and reporting on results.
• Proficiency in: Facebook Power Editor, Adobe Suite (Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro) or Apple equivalent, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, website administration.
• Should exhibit a high degree of organization (both project oriented and a multi-tasker), attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines.
• Positive can-do attitude; ability to lead a project from conception to completion.
• Enjoys working collaboratively as a team.
• Photography, videography and graphic design experience are a plus.
• Ability to work on select weekday evenings and weekends required.
Paper Mill is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ability are encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
This full-time position includes an excellent benefits package, and a salary which is competitive with industry standards. All applicants should mail or email a letter of intention (including where you saw this job posting), detailed resume, list of 2-3 references, multimedia work samples, and salary requirements to Anne Pollock, Paper Mill Playhouse, 22 Brookside Dr. Millburn, NJ 07041, email@example.com. No phone calls please.