Director of Facilities - TWO RIVER THEATER, RED BANK, NJ
The Facilities Director reports to and works directly with the Managing Director and as a collaborative partner with the production, finance and general management departments. The primary responsibilities include oversight of the building maintenance, building systems and the overall property. The Facilities Director leads a team of full and part-time employees within the department.
About Two River Theater
Two River Theater annually produces a theatrical season that includes American and world classics, new plays and musicals, programs for young people, and festivals of new work. Each year we also offer 40+ events that reflect our diverse community of Red Bank, New Jersey. Two River celebrates and honors our core values of Artistic Excellence; Education and Community Engagement; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Operational Excellence. Anyone who joins our team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is led by Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
Two River Theater owns and operates a main theater facility of 40,000 total square feet which was built in 2005. The main facility includes the 349 seat Rechnitz Theater and the Marion Huber black box theater with a flexible capacity of up to 110 seats. The theater recently completed construction on the Center for New Work, Education & Design. The Center, connected to the main theater facility, is a 36,000 square foot support facility consisting of production shops, office space, 2 rehearsal studios and storage. The land also includes a parking lot and main entrance plaza. In addition, the theater owns a single family home for housing visiting artists.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Oversee physical maintenance and facility operations of the theater building, support building and theater properties.
- Oversee the Theater’s IT systems and office equipment (copiers, phone systems etc). Note: IT systems are also handled by outsourced IT support company.
- Supervise, schedule, and train a maintenance staff of both full and part-time employees.
- Create and execute an annual facility budget, capital improvement projects/budgets, and life cycle cost analysis of the venues and its components.
- Take a lead role in planning and execution of any construction and/or renovation project.
- Manage building system leases and contracts, outside contractors and related budgets.
- Work closely with the rentals department in coordinating certain venue-related rental activities.
- Work with the Managing Director and Director of Finance to develop and implement TRT’s financial strategy as it relates to capital budget planning.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Front of House Manager to oversee and direct the activities of the TRT Safety & Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Ensure compliance with safety policies, City, State and Federal requirements and laws, and state and local fire regulations.
- As a member of the senior management team, work closely with Executive Leadership on the development and maintenance of an institutional Strategic Plan.
- Support the development of TRT’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives as they relate to organizational priorities.
- Provide leadership and logistical support for special projects as needed.
- Prior experience in facilities management at similarly sized organizations.
- Experience with construction management, maintenance staff management and theater operations are highly desirable.
- Bachelor Degree preferred. May substitute work experience for education.
- Should exhibit a high degree of organization, attention to details and ability to manage varied projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Experience with preparing and managing budgets.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal time and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting), a detailed resume and a list of 3+ references to Michael Hurst, Managing Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Facilities Director Position
Application Deadline: December 15, 2019
Position start date: On or about January 15, 2020