Director of Marketing- New Jersey Repertory Company
New Jersey Repertory Company, a nonprofit professional theater located in Long Branch, New Jersey is currently recruiting a Director of Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in arts marketing, including but not limited to: experience as a supervisor; managing budgets; understanding of subscription campaigns and ticketing systems.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing strategies for annual subscription campaigns and single ticket sales campaigns for all Main Stage productions and all other programs and events
- Manage external vendor relationships which includes but is not limited to print shops, mail houses, photographers and outside graphic teams
- Conduct audience and market research and work with Executive Producer on outreach to new audiences
- Manage content updates of the New Jersey Rep website.
- Oversee copywriting and editing for all external communications and marketing materials
- Write press releases and email mass communications
- Maintain and update style guide and coordinate branding across the organization
- Oversee relationships with peer theatres for cross-promotion opportunities
- Assist in the creation of annual marketing expense and income budgets
- Act as lead audience liaison to the Audience Services Department to support and resolve issues for current/potential subscribers and single ticket buyers
- Assist box office management with box office operations including answering box office phone, taking ticket orders, meeting patrons, processing subscription transactions, and managing patron lists and databases.
- Participate in outreach and the development of relationships with community partners.
Salary and Benefits:
$40,000-$45,000 per year based on experience
Health insurance and participation in retirement plan after 6 months
This is a full-time position. New Jersey Rep is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
About New Jersey Repertory Company
The New Jersey Repertory Company was founded in 1997. Its Main Stage and central headquarters is the Lumia Theater located on lower Broadway in Long Branch, New Jersey. The theater's primary mission is to develop and produce new plays and to make a lasting contribution to the American Stage. Over two decades NJ Rep has produced 140 plays of which 125 have been world premieres. The theater has the additional distinction of having had many of its plays produced by other theaters around the country totaling over 200 subsequent productions in the U.S. and overseas. In 2012 and 2018 NJ Rep was the recipient of a National Theater Company Grant from the American Theater Wing that sponsors the annual Tony Awards for Broadway, in recognition of its contribution to the repertoire of the American
Stage. In addition, the theater has presented over 400 developmental readings as well as introduced 136 new works through its Annual Theatre Brut Short-Play Festivals that focus on visionary and avant-garde works. In 2016, NJ Rep acquired a new property, a 28,000 square foot school situated on 2 ½ acres and located just five minutes from its Main Stage. New Jersey Rep plans on gradually transforming the school into a cultural center that will house additional performance spaces, a visual arts space, a rooftop café, an arts education wing, and residences for out-of-town actors and playwrights. When completed, the center will present a wide array of programs in theater, art, poetry, and dance.
179 Broadway, Long Branch, New Jersey 07740, United States
Required Support Materials:
· Email Cover Letter
· Three professional references
Contact: Gabor Barabas, Executive Producer Gabor@njrep.org