- Help maintain lighting systems and equipment in all McCarter locations (theaters, rehearsal rooms, lobbies, etc.)
- Assist in the load-in, focus and programming of the lights for mainstage productions.
- As assigned by the Head Electrician and/or Stage Supervisor:
- Implement the lighting for presented performances, serving as house lighting director for some presented events.
- Receive light plots and designs for Princeton University productions and implement the design to Designer’s specifications.
- Oversee the load-in, focus, and programming of the lights for all Princeton University productions in the Berlind Theatre.
- Oversee student run crews for University productions.
- Organize and maintain the electrics department storage rooms.
- Work load-in, strike, and run crew for produced and presented shows as scheduled.
- Assist the Head Electrician in completing any other Electrics department tasks.
- Assist on other Stage Operations projects as time permits.
- Adhere to safe working practices and follow all McCarter safety policies.
- Participate in the work to make McCarter an anti-racist theater. Actively seek ways to improve our work practices to make the Production Department more Equitable and Inclusive
We encourage all candidates to apply, even if they do not currently meet all qualifications. We know there are great candidates who may not have all of the qualifications listed above but possess intuitive knowledge or other fully transferable skills. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. McCarter is committed to on-the-job training and mentorship. We also encourage candidates who do not live within commuting distance to apply. We are eager to tell you about the area, which includes many communities and towns outside of Princeton, and will discuss what it would mean for you to relocate.
If you are interested in supporting McCarter’s artistic vision, we would love to hear from you.
Please email email@example.com with “Electrician” in the subject line to introduce yourself. Please let us know your skills and any applicable work experience. You do not need to submit a formal resume, although they are welcome. Please also mention where you heard about the position.