Annual Meeting and Board/Member Retreat
The members of New Jersey Theatre Alliance's Board and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee are excited to invite you to our first EDI workshop. We are thrilled to welcome Andrea Assaf, Kim Pevia, and Harold Steward from Equity Quotient to facilitate our time together. Equity Quotient was founded by Keryl McCord, a veteran arts manager who many of you may know from Ms. McCord's time at Crossroads Theatre Company in New Brunswick or the National Endowment for the Arts.
10:30am - 11:00am
11:00am - 5:00pm
Lunch will be provided.
As the Alliance and many of our member theatres assess our programs and operations through an EDI lens, the goals of the retreat are as follows:
- Create a common foundation and shared language;
- Develop a shared and deeper understanding of the importance of this work and its historical context;
- Explore the systemic reasons why achievable goals are challenging to identify;
- Obtain tools and identify achievable steps as a foundation to begin;
- Determine the role of the Alliance in leading, facilitating, and encouraging equitable and inclusive practices within the member theatres.
At the end of the retreat, it is our hope that we are able to examine our individual biases and better understand historical patterns of oppression. We hope that all attendees see the opportunities in and benefits of a more inclusive community.
Registration is required and multiple staff members of varying roles at each theatre are encouraged to attend. PLEASE RSVP BY JUNE 7, 2019.
If you know someone in your organization who you think would like to attend, please reach out and invite them by forwarding this message.
We look forward to a day of sharing, learning and growing.
Special thanks to our EDI Committee for their support and guidance.