Front of House Staff
Front of House Staff
We are looking for candidates to join our Front of House team. Staff members will be cross trained in three positions: House Manager, Assistant House Manager and Concessionaire and be able to work shifts for each positions as needed. Front of House Staff report directly to the Front of House Manager and work closely with the Front of House team, Volunteer Ushers, Box Office and Production Stage Manager to ensure performances start on time and run smoothly.
About Two River Theater
Now in its 25th Anniversary Season, Two River Theater is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 8+ theatrical productions each year (including world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences) and 50+ annual events and audience engagement initiatives, Two River serves an audience of 50,000 annually. Two River celebrates and honors our core values of Artistic Excellence; Education and Community Engagement; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Operational Excellence. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Provide excellent customer service to enhance the patron experience & foster audience loyalty
- Help to ensure a safe environment for all theater visitors, including those with mobility or accessibility limitations
- Oversee and train volunteer ushers
- Electronic ticket scanning and proficient use of ticketing software
- Troubleshoot seating and ticketing issues
- Accommodate patron requests and resolve patron complaints
- Complete detailed House Management reports
- Concessions sales and inventory tracking
- Provide special event support including set up, serving and bussing
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the public
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve quickly
- Should exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Positive can-do attitude; ability to work well with other employees & volunteers
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Available nights and weekends with flexibility
- Previous experience in the hospitality or theater industry, a plus
- CPR, First Aid & Fire safety training, a plus. Annual training will be provided by theater
Expected Schedule: Employee would be expected to work a minimum of 10 – 15 hours per performance week.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a letter of intention (including where you saw this job posting), detailed resume, list of 2-3 references, to the Front of House Manager & Volunteer Coordinator Angela White at email@example.com No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Front of House Staff