Front of House Staff
About Two River Theater
Two River Theater is a non-profit organization located in the vibrant Jersey Shore community of Red Bank NJ. Two River is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 6+ theatrical productions each year (over 150 annual performances of world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences), 50+ annual audience engagement/community events and 15+ plus annual venue rentals, Two River serves an audience of approximately 50,000 annually. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
We create great American theater by developing and producing new works and world masterpieces that most richly direct our gaze to the life of the human spirit. We cultivate an audience that cherishes the intimate joy of theater, enriched when shared by a community of others.
Artistic Excellence: We nurture and challenge the visions of adventurous theater artists. Our commitment to the artistic process is sustained over time through an investment in people, their creative process, and our dedication to the highest artistic standards.
Education and Community Engagement: We make our theater a welcoming resource for all. We create engagement programs and partnerships that encourage all voices to come together in conversation around the stories we tell. We invest in the next generation of artists and audiences by introducing students and lifelong learners to the possibility and adventure that theater brings to our lives.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We believe that the essence of theater is democratic: it invites us to encounter, consider and perhaps adopt other points of view, if only for a brief time in a darkened theater. We aspire to build an environment in which artists, audiences, employees, and Board members from different backgrounds and experiences together form an institution that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Operational Excellence: We dedicate ourselves to the highest standards in our governance, management, operational, and financial practices. We are committed to developing and retaining an experienced and accomplished staff, an
engaged and informed Board of Trustees, and a working environment that attracts staff, volunteers, and artists of the highest caliber.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with Two River’s core values, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
• Follow and enforce all Covid-19 Safety protocols in place for staff and patrons
• Provide excellent customer service to enhance the patron experience & foster audience loyalty.
• Responsible for overseeing patron requests and troubleshooting entry, ticketing and seating issues.
• Maintain a friendly and safe environment for all theater visitors.
Key Responsibility by Front of House Position
• House Manager/ Assistant House Manager: Manage a performance while directly coordinating with the production department and Box Office staff. Complete detailed House Management report at the end of each show or event.
• Covid Safety Officer: Check vaccination and/or negative Covid test documentation for patrons upon entering theater
• Ticket Taker: Ticket scanning and proficient use of ticketing software.
• Usher: Usher patrons to their seats and distribute playbills.
• Concessions: Sell concessions using Toast POS system
• Strong customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve them quickly.
• Should exhibit a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
• Positive can-do attitude; ability to work well with other employees.
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Available nights and weekends with flexibility.
• Experience working in hospitality and with the public, a plus.
• Covid-19 Vaccination is required.
Compensation: $14-$16 hourly rate. This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay after 40 hours at a time and a half rate. This position accrues sick leave in accordance with the NJ State Earned Sick Leave law. https://www.nj.gov/labor/worker-protections/earnedsick/law.shtml
To Apply: Candidates should submit a letter of intention (including where you saw this job posting) and resume to Front of House Manager Angela White firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Subject line should read: Front of House Staff