General Management Assistant – Work Light Productions
Work Light Productions is a company dedicated to creating and producing live entertainment. With offices in Summit, NJ and Charleston, SC, we have a dynamic team that produces national and international theatrical tours. Our 2018-19 season includes Rent, Cinderella, Something Rotten! and Irving Berlin’s White Christmas, and we have many exciting projects lined up for 2019-20 and beyond.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of theater and be ready to start their career in this entry level position.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide office management, administrative and clerical support for all company operations, as well as be assigned specific shows to assist the General Managers. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Answer office phone calls. Take messages or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions
• Schedule and organize complex activities such as meetings, travel, and company events.
• Organize and prioritize large volumes of information, including contact lists, calendars and the filing of contracts, and other vital documents
• Compile and create expense reports including coding of credit card bills and receipt management
• Maintain all office supplies and be the primary contact with outside vendors.
• Liaise with IT Support and be the primary contact for all office equipment that needs maintenance or repairs
• Responsible for office shipping and postage
• Work independently and in collaboration with office staff on special and ongoing projects
• Directly assist the President, Vice President and General Managers as requested
• Handle confidential and non-routine information with discretion
• Occasional travel to Technical Rehearsal periods and performances
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Must have proficient knowledge of both Microsoft Word and Excel
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Work requires willingness to attend occasional evening and weekend performances. Some travel may be required
• Bachelor’s degree required, minimum of two years’ experience working in the professional theater/entertainment industry strongly preferred
SALARY RANGE: Entry level ($38,000-40,000), plus comprehensive benefits
WHEN: Position to begin immediately
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Courtney King at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “General Management Assistant Position” along with your name. No phone calls please.