House Manager, Luna Stage
House Manager Great Team, P/T Flexible Hours, Exciting Events
Reports To The House Manager will report to Managing and Artistic Directors.
Job Overview Join Luna Stage, a small yet fierce professional theatre company founded in 1992 in Montclair, NJ, and operating since 2010 in West Orange, NJ.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversight of all front-of-house (FOH) operations before, during, and after performances.
- Supervision of theatre staff and volunteers.
- Covers Box Office duties in case of a scheduling issue or emergency, or when scheduled as the only FOH staff member for a particular event.
- Responsible for facility and building management when senior management is not present.
- Responsible for maintaining FOH bathrooms and lobby before/during/after a performance.
- Coordinates with Stage Management to maintain the cleanliness, comfort, and safety of the theatre house.
- Gives the curtain speech unless otherwise instructed
- Communicates/coordinates with stage management regarding house opening, patron related issues that will affect actors, and the start time of the show.
- Handles all patron-related issues as they may arise at the theatre. Coordinates with Box Office and administrative staff regarding customer concerns, sell outs, rush tickets, house tickets, theatre, policies, seating, groups, and comps.
- Learns Luna’s policies and procedures related to FOH operations, safety and security, and ADA compliance, and trains volunteers and other staff.
- Stays up-to-date regarding Luna Stage programs and calendar of events.
- Experience working front-of-house for live theatre events
- Exemplary customer service skills, and sound judgement as to when exceptions should be made to policies and procedures
- Quick thinker/problem solver as related to seating, ticketing, crowd management
- Effective communicator, fluent English speaker
- Excellent public speaking skills, comfortable with onstage speaking
- Bonus CPR/First Aid certified
- 18+ years of age
● Up to 16-24 hours per week (4-5 days/week), depending on performance schedule
Send resume with brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Discrimination Policy Our theatre is committed to equal employment opportunity, and continues to be a strong advocate of non-discrimination in all its employment practices. Please visit the Employment page of our website for our full Non-Discrimination Policy. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply!
About Luna Stage Luna Stage develops and produces plays about local and global experiences. We bring people together for artistic events that spark conversations and create understanding and change. Firmly rooted in New Jersey's Valley Arts District—a crossroads of cultures—we celebrate the diverse voices that surround us. As producer, innovator, and educator, we are dedicated to eliminating barriers to participation, and nurture the next generation of audiences and artists. www.LunaStage.org