Manager of Programs and Services
At New Jersey Theatre Alliance, diversity and inclusion are core values. We continue to build a more inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our staff and membership. Diversity of experience fuels our creativity and connects us closer to our members and the audiences we serve. The Alliance supports equal employment opportunity in hiring, development, and advancement for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
This full-time professional position, which requires considerable in-state travel, works closely with staff and Board of Trustees to support, coordinate, and design programs and services for the Alliance’s 31 member theatres. This position is supervised and evaluated by the Deputy Director.
About New Jersey Theatre Alliance
New Jersey Theatre Alliance is the first statewide organization for professional, producing, not-for-profit theatre companies, and is a leader in developing model programs that support the professional theatres of New Jersey and build audiences. The Alliance, a 501(c)3 with an operating budget of $800,000, is comprised of a five-person team and provides its 31 member theatres with a wide range of supportive services and programs. For arts patrons, the Alliance provides a variety of services to enhance their theatre-going experience. More information at njtheatrealliance.org.
- Support the Deputy Director and staff in the design of membership roundtables and workshops;
- Provide support to various membership committees and coordinate committee meetings;
- Design and schedule the annual Stages Festival, a month-long celebration of theatre featuring an average of 75 performances, classes and workshops around the state;
- Design and coordinate 2-3 days of Equity and Non-Equity auditions;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of special events;
- Maintain inventory and oversee the equipment loan program;
- Collaborate with the Digital Communications and Marketing Manager on member communications efforts;
- Provide support to the Executive Director and Cultural Access Coordinator in the management and coordination of Cultural Access Network Project, a program of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the New Jersey Theatre Alliance;
- Assist in research and survey projects.
- A minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in a production or programmingposition with a broad range of responsibilities;
- Knowledge of and passion for theatre and the arts and its impact on the economy and quality of life;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite, and content management systems (Drupal and MailChimp or equivalent a plus);
- A team player with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse individuals and personalities;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple project timelines simultaneously and effectively.
- Salary range is $35,000-$40,000 depending upon experience
- Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision, retirement, and vacation; health insurance premium for an individual policy is covered by company
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resumé, a list of four references, and one writing sample to Erica Nagel, Deputy Director by Friday, July 26, 2019. The cover letter should be no more than two pages and should describe why this position is attractive to the applicant and what about them and their work experience makes them a strong candidate. Please submit your materials, in Word or PDF only, via email to email@example.com
with the subject line: “Manager of Programs and Services: [the applicant’s name]”. No phone calls please.