Marketing Associate, The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey seeks a creative and energetic Marketing Associate to work in their fast-paced marketing department. This individual will be responsible for working with staff artists to produce the institution’s print and digital promotional materials; management of all social media accounts; updating and maintaining the Theatre’s website; executing and analyzing results of robust marketing campaigns; and crafting press releases while constantly seeking new media coverage opportunities. The creative work of this individual must be able to represent the organization in conjunction with the vision of the Artistic Director, and they must be able to work in a personable and collaborative nature. They will have an interest in theater, passion for the arts, and the ability to execute impactful marketing materials in a consistent and timely fashion.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Robust knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, Photoshop, and Constant Contact
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced creative presentation and writing skills
- Multi-tasking capability
- Excellent time management
- Strong analytic capability
- Experience with best practices in all areas of marketing
The Marketing Associate is a full-time, year-round employee, with an annual salary of $40,000. Additional benefits include:
- Compensated vacation, sick, personal and bereavement days
- Group Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance (60% Employer funded)
- Free Life Insurance
- A 403(B) Retirement Fund, including an employer contribution and match (After two-year waiting period)
- Complimentary tickets to select theaters throughout the State of New Jersey
- Employer investment in continued professional development
INSTITUTION MISSION STATEMENT:
The artists and trustees of The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey bring dramatic masterpieces of the past to dynamic new life in order to inspire present lives as well as future visions for the world. We are a teaching theatre, fervently dedicated to providing transformative experiences through our live performance of the classics. We integrate education and learning into all our endeavors, while promoting literacy, a culture of enlightenment, a dedication to excellence, and a keen awareness of how the arts are a necessity to the health of the collective mind and soul of any great civilization.
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce, and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send your resume, cover letter, three self-created marketing samples (as a PDF), and three references including email and phone number to: RWorshinski@ShakespeareNJ.org – No phone calls, please.