Reports to: Director of Communications, Marketing, & Membership
Status: Full Time/Benefits Eligible/Exempt
Paper Mill Playhouse is looking for a strategic thinker to fill the Marketing Manager role to collaborate, plan, and oversee the scheduling and implementation of all elements of Paper Mill Playhouse marketing initiatives, including advertising, social media, and collateral material and website content updates.
- Strategize with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop institutional and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Maintain the production calendar for the department and manage deadlines for graphic design, approvals, and delivery of projects including but not limited to brochures, postcards, emails, ad copy, signage, website updates and web banners.
- Provide analytical data to support new and ongoing campaigns for optimal ROI.
- Work with Paper Mill’s digital marketing agency to plan and facilitate asset delivery.
- Monitor the social media landscape and determine a strategy to keep Paper Mill relevant and engaged.
- Provide copy for a variety of needs.
- Work to build and manage yearly marketing budgets for subscriptions, five individual shows per year, education programs, development campaigns and a variety of institutional collateral.
- Collaborate with Ticketing and Audience Services team to maximize audience engagement, loyalty, and ticket sales.
- Monitor and implement ongoing updates to the website.
- A deep love and appreciation of theater.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in theater marketing and communications.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple deadlines at one time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Up-to-date on the latest social media best practices and trends on various channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Analytics, WordPress or similar website administration.
- Experience working with Tessitura, Wordfly, TRG, Microsoft 365, SharePoint and AIM a plus.
- Enjoys working collaboratively.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian, and minority backgrounds.
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line Marketing Manager. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.
Note: Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for employees of Paper Mill Playhouse. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief with approval from management.