Marketing Manager South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC)
The South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) is an award-winning regional arts center that presents innovative artistic and educational cultural experiences through music, theater, dance,comedy, and family performances in an intimate and welcoming environment.
SOPAC is located in downtown South Orange next to the NJ Transit train station, and includes a 439-seat theater, a Loft space for classes, parties; performances, and a multi-screen cinema. More information about SOPAC can be found at www.SOPACnow.org
SOPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). SOPAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Employment Opportunity:Marketing Manager (Full-time)
SOPAC is committed to offering innovative artistic and cultural experiences for diverse audiences. SOPAC’s Marketing Department plays a critical role in promoting SOPAC and SOPAC programs to current and new audiences through print and digital communications, grassroots outreach and public relations.
The primary role of the Marketing Manager is to provide support, manage and execute tasks that ensure timely marketing efforts. This position requires computer usage in a mostly stationary position, occasionally using filing cabinets and moving supplies, as necessary. The Marketing Manager reports to Director of Marketing.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Write, proof and/or edit copy for web and for print
- Assist with digital content management of the website, email and social media accounts.
- Assist with the production of printed materials such as brochures, posters, and postcards.
- Publish event listings on designated web and print calendars.
- Write and produce digital program books for events.
- Write press releases, pitch feature stories, coordinate artist interviews and arrange for ticket/promotional giveaways with media outlets.
- Recruit and manage a street team for regular distribution of posters and rack cards throughout South Orange Village, Maplewood and neighboring communities.
- Work occasional evening/weekend events at SOPAC or in the community as needed.
- Minimum 4-year college degree required.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proficient with website and email management systems. (CMS, EMS)
- Proficient with social media business account management.(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Basic graphic design skills. (Photoshop, InDesign, or other)
- Exposure to Salesforce or similar customer relationship management system. (CRM)
- Excellent communication, project management and organizational skills.
- An interest in the arts, culture and non-profit, or ‘social profit’ work.
Covid-19 Precautions: Selected candidates will be invited to participate in a remote interview and selection process. The hired candidate may work on a hybrid remote/in-person schedule to be determined by SOPAC’s needs and after a primarily in-person training period over the course of the first 3 months of employment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and required. Currently, most staff are on a hybrid remote/in-person schedule and all staff meetings are held virtually. Office policies and procedures are in place to sanitize and clean shared surfaces.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Hours may be adjusted, with approval, when attendance at evening/weekend events at SOPAC or in the community is required.
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary, based on experience with additional benefits that include paid time off, health insurance and 403(b) contribution.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. If your application fits our needs, you will be contacted for an interview.
A complete application must include a cover letter, résumé, and references.