Marketing Sales Assistant
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Statement of Position Responsibilities:
The Marketing Sales Assistant will support all of the Theater’s sales and marketing efforts by creating, tracking and analyzing, and updating detailed marketing plans for the institution’s branding efforts, subscriptions, single tickets, groups, and advertising campaigns. Sales efforts focused on achieving financial goals are in the areas of group sales and program advertising. Responsibilities including calendar updates, proofreading, meeting print and digital deadlines and campaigns focused on ROI.
- Assist Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing and Public Relations with project research, calendar management, arranging ads, and routing materials for approval
- Distribute promotional materials internally and externally
- Research, organize and participate in community/promotional events as assigned
- Process and track invoices and payments for the department
- Sell program advertising and group sales
- Create, track, and analyze all of the Theater’s marketing campaigns and calculate ROI for assessment in future campaigns, budgets, lists, and budgetary needs
- Assist the Front of House sales and patron services staff as needed with special events, box office overflow of responsibilities, and engagement with donors in the Theater’s patrons lounge
- Strong interpersonal communication and sales skills
- Highly developed writing and analytic skills
- Multi-tasking capability
- Excellent time management
- Strong detailed planning capability
- Knowledge of theater and theater databases preferred but not required
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, age, gender or preference. The salary for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. The Theatre also offers an excellent benefits package including health, vision, life, and dental insurance, vacation benefits, and a TIAA retirement plan.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references including email and phone number to: RWorshinski@ShakespeareNJ.org – No phone calls, please.