#GivingTuesday and New Jersey Theatre
We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have #GivingTuesday, a day dedicated to giving all around the world. On Tuesday, November 28, 2017, charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
On GivingTuesday 2016, 1.64 million gifts were made, totally $177 MILLION raised! Organizations in 98 countries participated, including over 800 nonprofits right here in New Jersey.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
Did you know that all 31 of our member theatres are nonprofit organizations? That means that they rely on our generous gifts to keep the shows running. Ticket sales alone only cover part of their operating costs.
So how can you get involved? Be #Unselfie. DONATE TODAY!
- Will you be getting some great deals at the cash register on Black Friday? Why not donate the amount you saved to your favorite theatre.
- Join the #UNselfie movement. Download our template, write why you support local theatre then take a selfie with your sign.
- Become an Alliance fundraiser! Ask your friends to match your gift or to give to your favorite theatre in lieu of a holiday gift. Tell them why you support #JerseyMadeTheatre.
- After donating on the web, share your donation on social media by clicking on a share icon! It’s incredible how contagious generosity is with just a little motivation. 30% of online donors made a contribution because a friend or coworker shared on Facebook, Twitter, or other social site.
- Find a production video or photo on a social site and share with your friends. With a single click you will have helped spread the joy of a local theatre!
Be a part of the global movement of giving and help keep theatre on our stages. Click on a theatre logo below to make a donation to your local company.