NJPAC Special Projects Producer
The Producer, Special Projects collaborates with the both the President & CEO and Executive Producer in cultivating professional partnerships, initiating, developing, and commissioning original creative projects and properties meant to debut at NJPAC and potentially tour to other performing arts centers.
The Producer is primarily responsible for the development of new work supported by allocation from the NJPAC Innovation Fund, the coordination and execution of NJPAC’s current and future touring productions, and the producing of several distinct attractions such as annual special events, television broadcasts, concerts and recitals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Executive Producer to cultivate potential partnerships with non-profit and commercial producers while also working closely with the President & CEO on new projects emanating from his office.
- Develop new works including commissions and create producing models for original properties with ancillary resonance and revenue, generated from touring and/or broadcast
- Oversee the successful execution of these commissions and productions including pre-production planning, budgeting, scheduling, hiring and casting
- Correspond with individuals at all levels including artists, commercial producers, general managers, agents/managers and company or tour managers on production logistics
- Provide active production oversight for current and developmental NJPAC tours including coordination and execution of creative team meetings, production meetings and rehearsals
- Oversee long term planning and future bookings for touring productions
Distinct Attractions/Major Events
- Partner with colleagues in Programming department to book and produce select Fine Arts (American Songbook, Dance, Theater, Jazz) attractions as well as special events
- Collaborate with Arts Education department on developing possible new programs/works for families and students
- Work closely with the Marketing, Communications, Development and Community Engagement departments to generate creative marketing and outreach strategies
- Coordinate line producer activities for assigned shows, including hospitality, house seats, complimentary tickets, special meet and greets, rehearsal schedules, and transportation needs, working with artist management, House Management and Production department personnel
- Coordinate with Production department to meet artistic and budgetary requirements of assigned Programming events and performances
- Act as on-site Programming representative at assigned events to ensure all front of house and backstage elements proceed smoothly before, during and after the event
- Perform ancillary administrative duties associated with all projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree in theater and/or arts management or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the commercial theater or large non-profit performing arts organizations, with existing and positive relationships in the New York and national theater community.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience supervising professional theatrical projects and experience with budgeting for stage productions
- Thorough knowledge of event management, theater production and touring
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills, multitasking prowess creative instincts and successful collaboration abilities are essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PRODUCER SPECIAL PROJECTS.