Paper Mill Playhouse Ticketing Services Representatives
Reports to: Ticketing Services Supervisors
Status: Full Time/Benefits Eligible/Non-Exempt and Part Time/Non-Exempt Positions Available
Reporting to the Ticketing Services Supervisors, the Ticketing Services Representatives are responsible for delivering superior customer service to all guests wishing to purchase or exchange single tickets, subscription tickets, group tickets or gift certificates. Ticketing Services Representatives are considered to be the “front line” to the Paper Mill patron base. All representatives must be familiar with all events and productions that are presented at Paper Mill Playhouse in order to properly assist guests in choosing their best package and value. Additionally, as a Ticketing Services Representative, each employee should be equipped with value adding information regarding the surrounding area in terms of parking, directions and restaurant information.
- Selling single tickets, subscriptions, and group tickets to all guests calling the box office or walking up to the lobby window.
- Processing and responding to emails in the Subscription, Box Office, and general information email inboxes.
- Accurately recording and editing guest information in our ticketing database.
- Informing single ticket buyers of the subscription and group options that can offer them significant savings and result in their continued attendance throughout the season.
- Assisting all subscribers wishing to exchange their tickets by finding them similar seats to the alternate performance(s) of their choosing.
- Remaining cognizant of all ticket discounts and special promotions.
- Proactively solving customer service issues as they arise.
- Remaining calm and courteous at all times when dealing with the specific needs of a patron.
- Keeping up-do-date with all activities taking place at Paper Mill Playhouse, such as all performances, special engagements, seminars or educational programs and remaining prepared to answer patron inquiries into such matters.
- Keeping informed on other area attractions and developments such as restaurant recommendations and traffic issues, and remaining prepared to answer patron inquiries into such matters.
- Informing the Ticketing Services Supervisors, of any problems dealing with a patron or sales transaction.
- Being available to complete added duties asked by the Ticketing Services Supervisors.
- 1+ years of customer service.
- An understanding of theater ticketing and a passion for the arts are not required but are extremely useful for this position.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian and minority backgrounds.
Note: Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for employees of Paper Mill Playhouse. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief with approval from management.
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line Ticketing Services Representative. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are applying for the full time or part time position. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.