Paper Mill Playhouse Ticketing Services Supervisor
Reports to: Ticketing and Audience Services Manager
Status: Full Time/Benefits Eligible/Exempt
This position reports directly to the Ticketing and Audience Services Manager and oversees a team of full time and part time Ticketing Services Representatives. The Ticketing Services Supervisor is responsible for creating a dynamic sales driven ticketing environment in the Box Office and working with Ticketing Services Representatives to ensure all Paper Mill Playhouse patrons receive exemplary customer service at all times.
- Supervise Ticketing Services Representatives staff in day-to-day operations of the Box Office, including subscription, single ticket, and group sales processing.
- cheduling adequate Ticketing Services Representatives and oversee their training including, but not limited to, ticketing software training and knowledge of all ticketing policies, procedures, and protocols, to ensure patrons receive the highest quality of customer service.
- Manage and oversee Will Call for all public Paper Mill Playhouse performances. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining a calm and caring environment for all patrons at the box office, batch ticket printing for all performances, collection of all batches from staff, reconciling of cash tills, and ensure proper lock up and security of Box Office at closing.
- Daily batch posting and deposit sheets for the Finance department.
- Act as first point of contact for elevated customer service issues and work to resolve to mutual satisfaction.
- Provide phone and email coverage on an as needed basis.
- Maintain supplies for Box Office including ticket stock, ticket and mailing envelopes, flyers, postcards, brochures, etc.
- All other responsibilities as necessary to ensure a smooth and efficiently run Box Office operation and the highest level of customer service.
- 1-3 years of experience in ticketing in a non-profit arts environment and 3+ years of customer service, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems, specifically Tessitura, strongly preferred.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian and minority backgrounds.
Note: Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for employees of Paper Mill Playhouse. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief with approval from management.
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line Ticketing Services Supervisor. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.