Patron Services Associate
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is seeking personable and enthusiastic Patron Services Associates for the 2019 Season. The Patron Services Associate is the face of the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. The associate will be responsible for ensuring an exceptional front of house experience for our diverse and growing patron base. Building relationships with longtime patrons and engaging new patrons, associates will assist patrons with their needs ranging from picking out seats to helping them find their way to the theatre.
We are looking for individuals with a background in sales / customer service who are excellent speakers, friendly, and patient both in person and over the phone. Ideal candidates will have box office experience and experience with ticketing software. Experience with our ticketing software, Theatre Manager, is a plus. Part-time position. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours are required.
Position Title: Patron Services Associate
Department: Patron Services
Reports to: Director of Patron Services
- Fielding calls
- Assisting patrons with sales, exchanges, and general inquiries
- Managing patron correspondence with Box Office
- Cross-selling and upselling productions and subscriptions
- Entering information and pulling daily reports in Theater Manager
- Assembling mailings (tickets, postcards, donation packages)
- Making follow-up calls to patrons
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Efficient problem solver
- Multi-tasking capability
- Dedication and ability to balance multiple projects
- Knowledge of theater and theater databases preferred
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, age, gender or preference. The position is part-time, $10.00 per hour. Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references including email and phone number to Victoria Wolfe-Muscio, Director of Patron Services at vwolfe@ShakespeareNJ.org – No phone calls, please.