Eagle Theatre (Hammonton, NJ) is seeking candidates for a Production/Company Manager. This is a full-time position. When working on-site, the employee will be expected to abide by Eagle Theatre’s COVID-19 policies as well as abide by NJ Government Workplace Protections.
Eagle Theatre recruits, employs, trains and compensates all employees equitably regardless of race, religion, skin color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. Applicants of all racial backgrounds, religions, gender identities, national origins, and abilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The ideal candidate will report to/collaborate with the Associate Producing Director, and work in collaboration with the Producing Executive Director, Angela Longo. The Production/Company Manager will oversee production management including managing production calendars, stage management, safety procedures, production meetings, scheduling, and external communications with members of productions. At this time, this position will also be responsible for facility management and inventory control of our theatre facility and workshops.
Eagle Theatre is dedicated to telling meaningful stories through innovative, dynamic, and professional productions that advance the experience of live theatre on our mainstage, in our community engagement, and educational opportunities. The Associate Production/Company Manager will be responsible for upholding this commitment alongside the rest of the Eagle Theatre staff and Board.
Ideally, the candidate will have experience or show strong promise in the following areas:
- Scheduling/space coordinating
- Managing large groups of people
- Familiarity with technical theatre
- Facilities management
- Event planning
- Stage management
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Knowledge and or Experience working with Actor’s Equity Association and Small Professional Theatre guidelines/contracts
- A passion for the sustainability of the Eagle Theatre and equitable practices is integral to this position.
- Assist in helping coordinate community wide events in Hammonton (Third Thursday, New Jersey Fringe Festival (which may be significantly different in the year 2021 due to the Pandemic)
- Oversee production calendar and ensure production teams are on schedule
- Ensure equitable, inclusive and accessible practices from auditions through production
- Review artist contracts in collaboration with Associate AD
- Represent Eagle Theatre
- Communicate with AEA representatives in collaboration with Associate PD
- Facilitate Production Meetings
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of artists
- Communicate with Producing Executive Director
- Communicate with Teaching staff
- Serve as the point person for developing and ensuring production procedures and policies
- Serve as the point person for developing and ensuring follow through of Production team Handbooks and Welcome Packets
- Serve as the point person for facilitating auditions and production calendar
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Maintain inventory and stock of Stage Manager/Rehearsal suppliers
- Collaborate on the development and of Production budget
Payment/Benefits: This position is considered full-time (35-40 hours/week) COVID-19 indoor gathering restrictions may impact that status. Salary will be commensurate with experience with an annual range of $35,000 to $42,000. Healthcare Reimbursement Agreements (HRAs) can be drafted for interested applicants. At this time, we do not offer additional benefits. Eagle Theatre offers a flexible and understanding working environment for employees.
This position is flexible during the pandemic in terms of the ability to work remotely. A private office area is available. Eagle Theatre intends to conduct outdoor productions in Spring of 2021 as well as virtual productions and hopes to invite audiences back indoors by December of 2021 or early 2022, as we monitor public health concerns related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Eagle Theatre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Eagle Theatre Staff and Board are committed to equity and establishing ourselves as an Anti-Racist organization.
The Eagle Theatre is a Non-Profit 501, (c)(3) organization and is an Equity Theatre, designated as a SPT (Small Professional Theatre)
Producing Executive Director, Angela Longo email@example.com
Eagle Theatre is located at 208 Vine Street, Hammonton NJ 08037
Please email the following attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, beginning as early as March 5. A committee including the Producing Executive Director, a Board member and a non-affiliated theatre practitioner will review and be present for interviews of applicants.
- In the email subject line please include (FULL NAME, Production/Company Manager)
- A cover letter expressing your interest, experiences, and your personal artistic mission/vision
- Resume: If you have multiple resumes, ie: Design, administration, please feel free to include multiple or what you think is most relevant.