Security and Safety Supervisor- Paper Mill Playhouse
Status: Part-Time/Non-Exempt. Work hours vary according to the event schedule and
may include weekends, holidays, and other scheduled work periods as necessary.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Paper Mill Playhouse is seeking outgoing, service-oriented candidates for our Safety & Security Team. The Safety and Security Supervisor is responsible for the safety and security of employees, guests, artists, as well as access to the stage door during all administrative and production related activities.
- As the Stage Door Administrator, the Supervisor will enforce all pre-entry screening and protocols and oversee building access.
- Assists with the receiving and distribution of all mail and packages to members of staff as well as the sending out of all relevant business mail as needed.
- Establishes and maintains customer service standards complying with Paper Mill Playhouse customer service protocols.
- Respond to all safety and security calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to adapt positively to frequently changing, fluid situations without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Develops and maintains professional relationships and lines of communication with federal, state, and city officials, including Milburn PD and Fire Dept.
- Provide a visual deterrence by maintaining high visibility at all times.
- Safeguard against theft and property damage.
- Valid F-04 Fire Guard License (PMP will Give 60 days to obtain)
- AED and CPR certification. (PMP will give 60 days to obtain)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a professional customer service manner
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, be proactive and calm under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and provide stellar service to outside agency partners, patrons, and employees at all levels of the organization
- Be detail-oriented, well-organized, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Work with current ADP Workforce Now to sign in and out as required
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule, to include evenings and weekends
- Must be able to comply with PMP Security & Safety guidelines and protocols
- Experience working alongside local and state public safety agencies as well as managing in a union environment and participating in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with customers of various age, socioeconomic, and ethnic groups, to deal tactfully and effectively with large groups of people, and to enforce rules and regulations.
- Ability to stand for 4+ hours and lift up to 50lbs
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
- PSP (Physical Security Professional Certification)
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional) or similar professional certifications preferred.
- Security Management: 3 years (preferred)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Standing for extended periods throughout the day.
- Theater and studio settings
- Office setting
Apply: Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage. Send
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line: Security and Safety Supervisor. No phone calls, please.