Senior Graphic Designer- Graphic Designer
About Paper Mill Playhouse
Founded in 1934, Paper Mill Playhouse has been a cherished New Jersey arts institution for more than 80 years. Paper Mill brings new American musical theater to life, with a national reputation that continues to grow. Paper Mill creates and produces groundbreaking new musicals and reimagined classics. Several productions have gone on to Broadway and launched national tours, including Disney’s Newsies, Les Misérables, Honeymoon in Vegas, A Bronx Tale, and Bandstand. In 2016, Paper Mill received the Regional Theatre Tony award in recognition of its contribution to the national field, the industry’s highest honor. In addition to the 1,200 seat mainstage, the theater is also home to an award-winning center for musical theater education and artist training, with outreach programs that impact thousands of students each year. As one of the nation’s premier musical theaters, Paper Mill fosters a creative environment to advance the art form, educate students, develop future theater lovers, nurture inclusion, and provide access for all.
Paper Mill is looking for an accomplished graphic designer with the skills and passion to achieve all graphic design needs for the Marketing, Education, and Development departments, and the ability to develop and implement a strong visual brand for the entire organization.
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
Status: Full Time with Benefits
- Create all consumer facing visual communications including print and digital adverting, brochures and other printed materials, mailings, and signage within a robust and deadline-driven schedule.
- Maintain guidelines for strong unified brand identity for all departments.
- Develop show art for the season’s productions.
- Layout program books.
- Understand the organizations plan for the future and implement graphic changes that mirror and communicate a strong position in the field.
- Participate in weekly meetings when project status, marketing strategies, and campaign analysis are discussed.
- Proficient in the Adobe Design Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Wordfly (or comparable emailing platform) and Wordpress (or comparable CMS platform).
- Proven ability to oversee and strengthen an institution’s identity through design.
- Proactive, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
- Love of the theater.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Attention to details and the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
Annual Salary: $60,000
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it
enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line: Graphic Designer. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.