Social Media and Communications Associate
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing, and Marketing Manager
Status: Full Time/Benefits Eligible/Exempt
The Social Media and Communications Associate is an extremely creative storyteller who will use that skill to advance every facet of the Communications and Marketing department. This position has a lead role in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of Paper Mill Playhouse’s social media platforms and will also provide additional support to the Communications and Marketing department.
• Work to create exciting social media content with a connection to the mission of the institution that will generate high levels of engagement. Current Platforms: Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, YouTube, TikTok and Linkedln.
• Work with partner agencies to implement strategic social and search campaigns to drive attendance, revenues, and promote Paper Mill's theatrical productions, special events, education classes, fundraising initiatives, news, and more.
• Ability to tie Paper Mill Playhouse related content within trending social media conversations and topics.
• Respond appropriately to consumers reaching out to the theater on social media networks in a timely matter.
• Provide analytical data to support new and ongoing campaigns for optimal ROI.
• Work with Paper Mill’s Ticketing and Audience Services Manager to keep the Paper Mill Mobile App up-to-date and engaging for audience members.
• Edit and proofread press release, production program books.
• Support press efforts.
Additional Marketing Support
• Edit copy for emails, collateral material, and various advertising needs.
• Website maintenance.
• Support in some departmental administrative efforts as needed.
• A deep love and appreciation of theater.
• Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple deadlines at one time.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in: social media platforms.
• Should exhibit a high degree of organization (both project oriented and a multi-tasker), attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines.
• Ability to lead a project from conception to completion.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team.
• Ability to work on select weekday evenings and weekends required.
• A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian, and minority backgrounds.
Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line Social Media and Communications Associate. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.
Note: Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for employees of Paper Mill Playhouse. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief with approval from management.