Ticketing Services Coordinator
About Paper Mill Playhouse
Founded in 1934, Paper Mill Playhouse has been a cherished New Jersey arts institution for more than 80 years. Paper Mill brings new American musical theater to life, with a national reputation that continues to grow. Paper Mill creates and produces groundbreaking new musicals and reimagined classics. Several productions have gone on to Broadway and launched national tours, including Disney’s Newsies, Les Misérables, Honeymoon in Vegas, A Bronx Tale, and Bandstand. In 2016, Paper Mill received the Regional Theatre Tony award in recognition of its contribution to the national field, the industry’s highest honor. In addition to the 1,200 seat mainstage, the theater is also home to an award-winning center for musical theater education and artist training, with outreach programs that impact thousands of students each year. As one of the nation’s premier musical theaters, Paper Mill fosters a creative environment to advance the art form, educate students, develop future theater lovers, nurture inclusion, and provide access for all.
This position reports directly to the Ticketing Services Manager. The Ticketing Services Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support across all facets of the Ticketing Services department, which includes Subscription, Box Office, Group Sales, and general Ticketing Services, in addition to providing a superior customer service experience to all Paper Mill Playhouse patrons and VIP ticket requests.
Reports to: Ticketing Services Manager
Status: Full Time with Benefits
- Provide full time subscription phone coverage and assisting with box office phone coverage on an as needed basis.
- Provide Box Office will-call coverage on an as needed basis.
- Process and respond to emails in the Subscription, Box Office, and general information email inboxes.
- Assist with the supervision of Subscription sales staff when needed and help to create a friendly customer service environment and ensure an accurate, efficient sales process.
- Provide training for ticketing sales representatives.
- Assist Ticketing Services Manager and Subscription Manager with special projects as assigned.
- Oversee invoice and payment tracking for all group sales. Ensure payment schedules are being met and follow-up with patrons who are not meeting their contractual deadlines.
- Manage group sales data within Tessitura to assure data cleanliness to help with more targeted marketing to potential groups.
- Receive, process, and respond to all VIP and house seat ticketing requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with coordination with other departments on ticketing matters as needed.
- Complete seating chart for House Management for all groups at each performance.
- Work with House Management regarding requirements for groups with special needs.
- Work as “corporate concierge” for companies that contribute $5,000 plus through our Development department. At the close of each production, compile a list of ticket buyers from each company and forward to Development department and Marketing Director.
- Work with Ticketing Services Manager and Education department on ticketing needs for the Adopt-A-School program and On School Time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in ticketing, in a non-profit arts environment.
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts.
Paper Mill Playhouse entertains, inspires, and enriches lives. As the nation’s premier musical theater, we foster a creative environment to advance the art form, educate students, develop future theater lovers, nurture inclusion, and provide access for all.
We are guided by these core values:
- Artistic Excellence
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Ticketing Services Coordinator. No phone calls, please. Note that this position may be performed remotely until September 7, 2021.